Press inquiries welcome. Product photos available. Contact Ellen Zimmerman, President, Jewish Holidays in a Box, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-440-1630
Celebrate Passover: How to Plan a Fun, Simple Seder – Posts & Press
- “Planning a Seder may have seemed too overwhelming in the past, but Jewish Holidays In A Box makes it a fun and family friendly, memory making activity with their 36 page downloadable guide called “Celebrate Passover: How to Plan a Fun, Simple Seder.” March 25, 2013. “Celebrate Passover with Help from Jewish Holidays in a Box.” boomergrandparents.com
- “My friend Ellen is founder of JewishHolidaysInABox.com, which has released their brand new Guide to Celebrating Passover — a 36-page manual and two audio files designed to make celebrating Passover easier and more enjoyable. “ March 22, 2013. Seder Planning Made Easier. kosheronabudget.com
- “Don’t get caught up in angst about making sure everything is perfect. Gather around a table to tell the story of the exodus from Egypt. Tell about Seders from your past. And build memories for your children to tell to their children.” March 22, 2013 Passover Advice – How to Plan a Simple Seder. MacaroniKid.com
- “We encourage any of you planning a Seder to have fun. Learn. Sing. Eat. Make memories with family and friends.” March 22, 2013. Kid-Friendly Passover Activities. Susieqtopiescafe
- “Before the Seder, the leader should go through the Haggadah and mark the parts that make sense for your family/crowd, paring down to what seems right for you.” March 21, 2013. How to create a shorter Seder. SheKnows.com
- “This creative guide helps families who are novices when it comes to the Pesach seder or want to make their standard seder more engaging and fun.” March 15, 2013. Fun Passover Activities for Seder and Beyond. blog.RabbiJason.com
- “I was given the opportunity to review this adorable Passover Seder guide. The 3-part downloadable package comes with a 36-page PDF + 2 audio tutorials. It is filled with very clear and simple instructions on how to run the perfect Pesach Seder.” March 13, 2013. A Jewish Homeschool Blog
- “Jewish Holidays in a Box has a 36-page downloadable Celebrate Passover guide to help you plan an easy Seder, with more joy and less stress.” From Passover: Treats, Crafts, Events and Song Round-Up March 12, 2013. Barista Kids Parenting
- “Since Seder literally means ‘order,’ it makes sense to want to have it all planned out well! . . . Sounds like a great tool, especially if hosting kids at your Seder for the first time! “ From Getting the Seder in Order March 12,2013. Oogiah.com
- “The Jewish holiday of Pesach is approaching fast.” From Celebrate Passover and Plan a Fun & Simple Seder March 12, 2013. Glamamasgoodies.blogspot.com
- Newsday, Long Island, “Check out Hanukkah fun delivered in boxes” December 4, 2012 Read more . . .
- Barista Kids “Barista Kids Hanukkah Guide: Events, Activities, Recipes and More!” December 4, 2012 Read more . . .
- Wired “Unboxing Hanukkah in a Box” November 30, 2012 Read more…
- Interfaith Family Newsletter “Just in time for the holidays.” November 27, 2012 Read more . . .
- Washingtonian.com “Celebrate Hanukkah with a cheeky kit from . . . Jewish Holidays in a Box.” November 29, 2012 Read more . . .
- Macaroni Kid Eats “5-minute Hanukkah Centerpiece.” November 27, 2012 Read more . . .
- EdJewTopia “Boxes of convenient resources for Hanukkah.” November 26, 2012. Read more . . . .
- Detroit Jewish News / Red Thread Magazine, ” Jewish Holidays in a Box has a Chanukah kit for every kid.” November 15, 2012. Read more . . .
- Jewish Outreach Institute, The Mothers Circle / Resources for Mothers / Holiday Resources. November 19, 2012. Read more . . .
- Boulder Jewish News, “Away from Home on Hanukkah?” Do you remember being away from home, maybe at college, when major holidays came up? November 15, 2012. Read more …
- Fall 2012 ISJL Newsletter “Ellen Zimmerman has created beautiful and thoughtful resources that will enhance Jewish celebrations in any home.” Read Part One Read Part Two
- Jewish Scene Magazine Celebrating Hanukkah can be extraordinarily beautiful – lights in the darkness of winter, the delicious fragrance of latkes and happy cries of victory during dreidel games! November 2, 2012 Read more…
- interfaithfamily.com As you think about celebrating Hanukkah this year, what does your family care about most? And how can you draw on their talents and interests to create a rich, multi-textured holiday. November 2, 2012 Read more…
- Boulder Jewish News As each Jewish holiday rolls around, I wonder what our expanding, diverse family might enjoy, based on ages, interests, and background. (And we’ve got a huge mix!)” October 29, 2012 Read more…
- Detroit Jewish News Chanukah kits designed to help busy families have the most positive experiences, with the least amount of stress. Read more…
- EdJewTopia In honor of Channukah, we issued a call for “8 pieces of good advice for complementary Jewish education.” We have contributors from Congregation Albert in New Mexico, NewCAJE and Jewish Holidays In A Box. Read more . . .
Bloggers who featured us
Check out these great blogs that range from parenting thoughts to interesting products:
“It’s a party in a box with a Dreidel Game, Hanukkah Bingo Game, Cut-and-Color Banner, and coloring pages.” Paradox Parables
“If you have kids or planned nights with the grandparents, you need to get this NOW, so you can breathe a sigh of relief (like I did). Jewish Holidays in a Box has you covered.” Musings on Motherhood
“After using the Hanukkah Games Box with my two and half year old, I couldn’t wait to share with all of you!” Indianapolis with Kids (This is a great story about how this family used the Games Box!)
Tip of the hat to M Magazine Bay Area for their support.
“…everything you need to create a meaningful and memorable holiday.” Grandma’s Briefs Holiday Guide
A shout-out of thanks for the post by Mara Strom of Kosher on a Budget
Thanks to the amazing kveller.com for including us in their Blogroll
“The good folks at Jewish Holiday in a Box have had the bright idea of simplifying the holiday for Jewish or interfaith families with small children, with boxed sets sure to elicit hours of fun, delight, and information.” Read more… Behavioral Child
“Celebrate Hanukkah with New Holiday Boxes,” Read more… Planet Weidknecht
“This year Hanukkah (or as my family spells it Chanukah) is in early December.” Read more… Beyond the Car Seat
“The great thing about Hanukkah is that you can celebrate it at different levels, according to the age of your child.” Read more… Ganz Parent Club
The Jewish Outreach Institute reviewed our Hanukkah Kit, then published a link to us on their website. Read more… Mother’s Circle
Included as Hanukkah resource by interfaithfamily.com! Read more… InterfaithFamily.com
Selection of our Hanukkah Kits by Momstown Minds as first of their top five resources for Hanukkah! “Unique resource,” says Ally Cooper Read more… Momstown Minds
Review of our Hanukkah Kits from National Parenting Publications Awards on their “Holiday Gifts – Noteworthy from NAPPA” page. Read more… Parenthood.com
“I think the product is a great idea and will make a wonderful addition to family celebrations. (It’s perfect to sell in a temple gift shop.)” Rabbi Phyllis Sommer in her blog Ima on the Bima
“Jewish Holidays in a Box is a nifty concept: one kit per holiday with how-tos, whys and whats tucked neatly inside.” Joanna Brichetto in her blog Bible Belt Balabusta
“Jewish Holiday preparation gets a welcome ‘assist’ with Hanukkah Kits from Jewish Holidays In A Box. “ Mimi in Boomergrandparents.com
“A great way to weave together various traditions is to plan a cookie-baking afternoon where people bake a mix of Hanukkah and Christmas cookies.” Happy Holidays for Multicultural Families sheknows.com