- Taking a look at when the Jewish holidays are next year and
- Studying what we learned from you in 2013.
We’re also dancing about earning the “TTT” (TOY TIPS and TRUSTED) status from www.toytips.com for our Hanukkah Bingo Game! We got an A overall rating, plus A’s for Testers’ “Fun” Grade, Movement, Thinking, Personality, and Social Interaction.
Jewish holidays 2014
We’ve updated our Jewish holidays calendar, so you can get an idea of when the holidays fall.
And I think you’re going to like what you see. Passover, for instance, begins in mid-April. Rosh Hashanah starts September 24th (not, as last year, with the launch of the school year). And Hanukkah resumes its more typical place later in December, starting the 16th.
Our learnings from 2013
Here were some of our “aha” moments:
1. For the first time, we made the Hanukkah Bingo Game available as a standalone item. It went like latkes and even sold out.
2. Our Hanukkah Games Box also sold out. This reinforces our belief that families are seeking ways to have fun with each other in a Jewish context.
3. All our games and kits were available on amazon.com this year. Based on what I’m hearing, that worked well for everyone – especially all the Prime members. Who can beat free shipping?
4. In addition to our Hanukkah downloadable series, we created two more e-guides, based on your requests:
We have four priorities for this coming year. Here’s a sneak peak at two of them:
#1. Passover Seder Game
We are so excited about the game that we’re now designing for Passover 2014. A rough version of this was tested with children in North Carolina and Oregon a few years ago with very positive feedback.
#2. Blessings Tutorials
We’ve had such lovely testimonials for our Hanukkah blessings tutorial that we want to create more for you.
“The tutorial made Hanukkah far more memorable.”
“I am especially excited about the tutorial so I can join my grandsons when they say the prayers.”
“I think the Hanukkah blessings tutorial is a great idea! My husband doesn’t even know how to pronounce some things and I’m always totally baffled when he can’t help me!”
Want to join our Y.O.U. (Your Opinion’s Unique) Group?
Thanks to our Y.O.U. Group members, we got very helpful feedback about several of our new products.
And now, we’re ready to invite more people to become members. If you’d like to join us, please click on the SURVEY button below and add your name and e-mail address. You’ll have a chance to see products during pre-launch and even get discount coupons!
Survey: What’s best for you?
As we do periodically, we like to find out what’s of greatest interest to you.
Please answer these 10 questions – won’t even take 2 minutes.
Wishing you a Happy (secular) New Year!
As we finish this year, we want to thank you, sincerely, for your support and many kindnesses. And as we all look forward to turning our calendars to 2014, we say together:
Baruch Atah Adonai Eloheinu melech ha’olam
She’hecheyanu v’kiy’manu v’higiyanu la’zman hazeh.
Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Ruler of the Universe,
who has kept us in life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this season.